At the heart of our vision for a regenerative culture is a food system that prioritises nature, nutrition, and livelihoods. Here are some of the ways that we address this -
- A farm to table experience with fresh ingredients, either grown in our gardens, or sourced from local farmers
- Healthy food consisting of nutrient richness and diversity
- Chemical free ingredients grown with respect for the soil and biodiversity
- A menu that changes with the seasons and comprises only of fresh seasonal produce, and ingredients preserved using natural and traditional techniques
- A focus on plant based and ethically sourced ingredients
- The kitchen produces zero waste. All the wet waste is used on site to make compost, bio-pesticides, and bio enzyme natural cleaners.
- Inclusivity, kindness, and compassion are the foundational ethics of the kitchen and restaurant experience.
The interiors were designed and executed by Multitude of Sins, a creative studio that specialises in bespoke design, and we won the prestigious Dezeen Award for Sustainable Interiors. Inspired by an eclectic mix of styles, every feature in the space has been conceptualised as a unique experience. Every element of the interiors and decor was created using repurposed waste materials.
Crowd sourced via a collection drive, and salvaged from various other sources, the available materials determined the design. Each object came with its own unique history, and has now been given a new life in The Circus Canteen. This project brings together layers upon layers of stories, and you are now welcome to create your own!